This agreement (SewerGard) is serviced and underwritten by Residential Warranty Services (RWS) and is provid-
ed free of charge by your home inspector as a part of your paid and completed home inspection
SewerGard protection is offered for a period of 90 days following the
date of the inspection, or 22 days after closing, whichever comes later.
If you received a sewer scope, this policy is extended to 6 months from
the date of the inspection, or 22 days from closing, whichever comes
later. All claims must be received by RWS within the term of the agree-
ment. An extension of coverage may be made available at a nominal
fee at the conclusion of this agreement. This agreement is not transfer-
able to any other property outside of the one listed on your home
inspection report. Any costs above what is expressly stated as covered
herein are the responsibility of the homeowner.
During the agreement term, only the directly affected portions of the
following components are covered against failure due to normal wear
1. “Water Line”. The water line is the single lateral water service line
from the point of the water utility’s connection to the point of the water
meter or main shut off line inside the home. The water line also
includes well water lines, excluding those exceeding five feet under the
surface level of the yard.
2. “Sewer Line”. The sewer line is the single lateral sewer service line
from the point of the home’s exterior wall to the point of connection to
the sewer utility’s wastewater collection system or septic tank.
RWS will not be responsible for any of the following:
- Repairing anything that occurred before the state date of this
agreement or that wasn’t reported to RWS during the term of this
- Repairing anything not resulting from normal wear and usage.
- Repairing anything caused by you and/or third parties.
- Repairing anything in a home that is being renovated.
- Repairing anything caused by natural acts or disasters included but
not limited to floods, earthquakes, landslides, sinkholes, or any
- Repairing anything caused by defective materials, or any material
that has been the subject of class action litigation or a recall.
- Repairing anything required by any other party (city, state, federal or
other party) unless otherwise covered by this agreement.
- Repairing any openings or damage caused to walls as a result
of investigation or repair of a covered issue.
- Repairing shared lines (as in shared with another property).
- Repairs to any damaged items consequential to a sewer or water
line failure or repair.
- Paying any costs associated with relocation of lines, lost water, lost
time, lost use of your home, or any damages due to any special
circumstances or conditions.
l. Covered repair costs include only the water and sewer lines at a
covered rate of: $200/linear foot up to 5 feet; $150/linear foot above 5
feet up to 10 feet; and $100/linear foot until the $2,000 claim
maximum is reacheed.
RWS’ Right to Review
RWS reserves the right to have its own contractor review any diagno-
sis, estimates, and bid on any project covered under this agreement.
RWS shall choose the acceptable estimate in its sole discretion for
coverage. This warranty and all related disputes shall be interpreted
and enforced in accordance with the laws of Hamilton County in the
State of Indiana without reference to, and regardless of, any applicable
choice or conflicts of laws principles.
Written Notification of claim including items 1, 2, and 3 must be
received by RWS prior to the expiration of the policy. All claims on this
policy shall be made by the buyer of record only after they have taken
possession of the home and must be received within 90 days of the
inspection or within 22 days of closing, whichever comes later. Claims
will be processed after we are in receipt of items 1, 2 & 3. You will be
contacted within 72 business hours of all items being submitted.
1. Written Notification of Claim - The following information must be
contained in the notification:
- Your Name
- Your Inspection Company’s Name
- A Phone Number Where You Can Be Reached
- A Brief Description of the Claim
2. An itemized repair estimate, including the breakdown of parts &
labor, as well as a specific cause for the failure in writing from a
licensed or properly certified repairperson. RWS reserves the right to
request up to two (2) additional estimates. The estimate must include
contact information for the repairperson.
3. A copy of your home inspection report, or at least those pages
pertaining to the affected items.
Residential Warranty Services, Inc.
PO Box 797
Carmel, IN 46082
The policy holder is responsible for the first $300 worth of repairs and
investigation of any covered issue. Any and all receipts and invoices
must be delivered at time of claim submission to ensure credit for any
covered expenditures. The policy holder is also responsible for any
costs exceeding the coverage limitations of $2000 per occurrence and